Let me tell you about my favourite bar, and why I'm a raving fan of theirs
I sat at the bar, had a couple of drinks, and got talking to the bartender. As the night went on, she introduced me to her manager. We had drinks together, chatted, even went to the casino together after the bar closed. I didn’t feel like I was just a customer. I felt welcomed.
These people became my friends, and since then, I’ve always gone back to that bar (and often with my friends). Whenever I passed by, I’d stop in and at least have one drink with them. Even if I’m on my way to somewhere else.
Do you want raving fans like me?
People who’ll keep coming back to you over and over – who will literally stop in even if they’re on their way to somewhere else?Build your tribe of true fans now
They made me feel like I belonged
That's why it left an impact on me, and why I'm a raving fan.
Because they paid attention to me and treated me like a real person, not just as a customer to get money from.
I’ve been to a lot of bars, but the ones that stand out to me and keep me going back are places like that. Places that make me feel like I belong to part of a community. Places that welcome me into their tribe.
This goes beyond just bars and restaurants
I go to the gym I go to because they make me feel welcome. I buy the clothes I wear because I identify with their tribe. I use (and always recommend) Android and WordPress because I love the open-source community.
Even if I’m not directly and closely involved in all of these tribes, I want to be associated with them. And so I go back to these businesses, over and over again. I recommend them to my friends, and go the extra mile to support these brands.
Most businesses don’t understand how to turn customers into raving fans
On the other hand, you have brands like Apple, Harley Davidson, Coca-Cola. They’re never doing sales or offering discounts. But they have raving fans – fans who will wait in line for hours for a new product, who get tattoos of the brand logo.
What’s the secret behind how these brands got raving fans?
People love these brands because of what they stand for
These brands all have a deeper meaning behind what they do.
Apple sells innovation and creativity, not computers. Harley Davidson sells freedom, and life as an outlaw, not motorcycles. Coca-Cola sells happiness and fun, not a carbonated beverage.
When you stand for something bigger than your business, you’ll be able to find your tribe and engage them in a way that makes them want to stand next to you.
We’re all looking to be part of something bigger than ourselves.
We all want to be a part of something – a family, a community, a tribe. That need to belong is something that’s ingrained in all of us, it’s a part of our human nature.
And that’s the secret key to raving fans.
It’s your ability to make people feel like they belong. That they’re part of something bigger.
It’s your ability to build a tribe around what you do.
But you're busy. You have a business to run, with day-to-day operations to manage.
And building your tribe takes time.
That’s where we come in.
We’ll help you build your tribe of true fans and connect with them on a deeper emotional level.
We’ll help you make your customers feel like a part of something bigger – so they keep coming back.
When you’re able to make people feel like they belong to something bigger – that they’re not just a customer to a business, but a member of a larger tribe – they’ll care more about you. They’ll stand by you no matter what happens. They’ll keep coming back over and over, and they’ll tell everyone they know about you.
What we'll do together
We have one goal: to build your tribe of true fans.
And we only do work that will take us towards that goal. We won’t just run campaigns and design brochures for you. We won’t do your SEO. We won’t manage your Google Adwords.
The Thousand True Fans System
Here's what we'll do together, to win your customers’ hearts, and get the ones who love you to spread the word and keep coming back.
- Get to the heart of your business, and find the deeper meaning of what you stand for
- Nail down your brand personality, values, story; understanding why you do what you do
- Identify who your tribe is and understand what they care about, their hopes and dreams, what keeps them up at night
- Create and share content they care about and that speaks to your tribe
- Run social media ads to get your story in front of the right people
- Identify the customers who love you the most, and show them your appreciation
- Engage with those customers on a regular and personal basis
- Empower and encourage your tribe to spread the word and tell their friends about you
- Run offline events for you to deepen your connection with your tribe in the real world
What we do isn't for everyone
But if any of this sounds like you, let's have a chat.
- You’re a small-to-mid-sized business who’s tired of constantly trying different marketing tactics, only to reach customers who don’t come back.
- You want to stand out and be different. You want your brand to have a voice and a personality.
- You truly care about your customers. You do what you do because it makes your customers’ lives better, not just so you can make money.
- You value great customer service. Your customers aren’t coming back if they have a bad experience with you – no matter how great your story is.
- You’re okay not being liked by everybody. Here’s the thing. When you stand for something, there are bound to be people who don’t agree with your values. That’s okay. You need to be okay with that, and not compromise on your values to try and please everybody.
We’re not for you if…
- You’re not willing to move fast, and are uninterested in taking risks and trying new, innovative things.
- You want someone who always agree with you.
- You want to be the next 7-11 or Alibaba – to win by having the lowest prices and being the most convenient. That’s a viable business approach, but it’s not one we can help with.
How much does this cost?
We understand that as a business owner, you need to be careful about where you spend your money. We’ll have a chat with you about your business, and your specific needs. Then we’ll tailor our pricing specifically for you. We’ll work alongside you to make sure our partnership is worth it, and that you get a return on your investment. That said, we’d like to work with you for at least three months, because building your tribe doesn’t happen overnight.
Let's have a chat
We’d love to hear more about your business and the challenges you face – and to create a customized plan for you to build your tribe of true fans.
Just leave your name and email, and we’ll set up a time to have a chat.
We only work with businesses who truly appreciate the value of having a tribe of true fans
And who are ready to commit to building that tribe.
Derrick & Samantha